Preaching in Philippians



Preaching is a mysterious and wonderful honor. I had another opportunity to preach at our church. I have really enjoyed these experiences and am grateful my pastor has expressed his willingness to share the pulpit with me. Or should I say, he trusts me to fill the pulpit.

Anyway, it's a sacred thing I take seriously. I have read through Philippians many times to get the texture of this letter. I was also greatly shaped by the D. A. Carson book, A Call to Spiritual Reformation: Priorities from Paul and His Prayers. I read it over the summer and really got to mull it over while on vacation. Carson goes very deep into Paul's prayers throughout the New Testament. He draws both micro and macro themes from his prayers and details the encouragements from Paul's prayers for those receiving his letters. It's a great book and I feel like one read through and I only absorbed half of it. It's one I'll be going back to again to seem what other gems I can find.

If you are so inclined, feel free to check out my sermon available at the church website:

http://www.wethefc.com/resources/sermons/pauls-passions-people-prayer-discipleship/

Comments