The Lord Reigns Over The Waters


I was able to participate in my church's summer series. We are working our way through a series entitled, Psalms: Prayers of Faith and Hope. Over the course of the summer, a variety of ten Psalms were chosen to serve as a basis for working through the major themes and structure of the entire book. I was asked to preach from Psalm 93.
This is really the first time I have prepared a sermon from a Psalm that wasn't for a funeral message. It was a great experience for me. The theme was one I have tried to preach before because of preaching from other places in the Bible. Even though I had seen this message in other places of scripture, this Psalm gave me the opportunity to use my pastoral experience to preach it in a new way. I found this was deeply profound and enlightening as I prepared to bring this message to my church family. I pray that the theme of God as King continues to be aware of as I read the Bible.

If you are so inclined to want to hear or read the message, it is available here:

http://www.wethefc.com/resources/sermons/the-lord-reigns-over-the-waters/

Comments