A New Creation, Again and Again

Happy New Year!

I was speaking with my pastor and he asked if I would preach while he was away. I agreed and thought it would be a really meaningful way to begin the year. My Scripture passage was from
 2 Corinthians 5:16-21. I tried to focus on the way we grow as Christians. I remember trying to memorize verse 17 as a newer Christian because of how important these concepts were to me. Growth takes time. Changing little by little is difficult, but an important truth to how we grow in our spiritual lives.

"From now on, therefore, we regard no one according to the flesh. Even though we once regarded Christ according to the flesh, we regard him thus no longer. Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come. All this is from God, who through Christ reconciled us to himself and gave us the ministry of reconciliation; that is, in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and entrusting to us the message of reconciliation. Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, God making his appeal through us. We implore you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God. For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God."

Information from the sermon can be accessed at the churches website:

http://www.wethefc.com/resources/sermons/a-new-creation-again-and-again/

Comments