Books of 2014




Time to look back and share my books! I continue to love reading and I can feel the passion I have for learning and my love for knowledge expanding with each page I read. Here are the books I've read and listened to throughout 2014. There have been more hospice themed books this year as I continue to grow in my knowledge and understanding of the healthcare spectrum. 

Books of 2014 
Evangelism and the Sovereignty of God, J. I. Packer
Crazy Love, Francis Chan
On Death and Dying, Elizabeth Kübler-Ross
Final Gifts, Maggie Callahan and Patricia Kelley
The World According to Mr. Rogers, Fred Rogers
The Starbucks Experience, Joseph Michelli
Speaking the Truth in Love, Kenneth C Haugk
Caring Criticism, William J. Diehm
Proof of Heaven, Eben Alexander

The use of an iPhone to play audiobooks has made my audiobook section grow substantially from last year!


Audiobooks of 2014 
The Omnivore's Dilemma: A Natural History of Four Meals, Michael Pollan
The Giver, Lois Lowry
The Fault in Our Stars, John Green
The Tipping Point, Malcom Gladwell
Blink, Malcom Gladwell
Leadership Secrets of the Salvation Army, Robert Watson & Ben Brown
Speaking the Truth in Love, Kenneth C Haugk
An Act of God?, Erwin Lutzer
The Grand Design, Stephen Hawking
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Ron Dahl
The Case for Christ, Lee Strobel
90 Minutes in Heaven, Don Piper
Slaughterhouse Five, Kurt Vonnegut
Breakfast of Champions, Kurt Vonnegut
Heaven is for Real, Todd Burpo, Lynn Vincent
Snow Queen, Hans Christian Anderson
The Didache
Practice the Presence of God, Brother Lawrence

And a few unfinished. I abandoned these books because I couldn't finish them. Perhaps I didn't give them enough of a chance. But, regardless, I didn't want to spend my time absorbing their logic (or lack thereof). Hitchens can be rather caustic in his approach. He doesn't seem to fully understand the logic of his arguments because he misrepresents the Christian understanding and even cultural world that Christianity brought about. And in the case of Zealot, I did not care for his promotion of poorly attested history. He completely asserts a new history (with little source material, and what he uses seems shaky). But, if a thorough history was done, I am confident you'd find the New Testament is a historical document with more manuscript evidence than anything else he could come across.

Unfinished books:
God is Not Great, Christopher Hitchens
Zealot, Reza Aslan

Comments