Connecticut Remembers Newtown


I received this email earlier in the week:
--
Connecticut Remembers Newtown this Friday

On Friday December 21st at 9:30am Gov. Malloy has asked us to offer a moment of silence in memory of our Newtown, Connecticut neighbors who died tragically last week. We hope you will join us and all of Connecticut in this solemn observance.
--

Click Here to read Gov. Malloy's official proclamation.

I think this was a very good reminder. The link takes you right to a pdf of the proclamation that describes the significance of remembering the events at Sandy Hook Elementary.

It's hard to think that this horrific shooting happened just a week ago. Even harder, is to think I was just blogging about "Change." As information about the shooting came trickling in via various sources of news, it's hardly the time for blogging. But little did I expect how life would change for those families. Horrible. How life could change for my family. The impact of this trauma has left it's mark on me for sure. It is so sad to even wrap my mind around it at times. It's too close to home for us. Too hard, too powerful an anger, too deep a sadness to even get words around. There is a hardly any answer to my "Why?" questions.

Even in the middle of suffering, let's be grateful for all the good gifts God has given to us. Perhaps this is all the more necessary amidst this broken world we live in.

In our on moments of silence, may we remember to speak honestly, love deeply, and hug sincerely.

Comments