Books of 2012

I had a habit during seminary of sharing the books I had been reading. In my heart, I'm not sure if it seems boastful to continue this tradition. I may need to do some work to discern my inner motives. For this time I shall, once again, share with you the books I've read and listened to throughout 2012.


J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
J.K. Rowling, The Tales of Beedle the Bard
J.K. Rowling, Quidditch Through The Ages, Kennilworthy Whisp
Daniel Keyes, Flowers For Algernon
Paul W. Pruyser, The Minister as Diagnostician
Jill Bolte Taylor, My Stroke of Insight
Manfred Waldemar Kohl, Congregationalism in America
Rod Bell, Velvet Elvis
Madeleine L'Engle, A Wrinkle In Time (Strangley, the worst book I've read in a long time!)
John and Stasi Eldrege, Captivating
Stewart Wolff, Father Stories
Martin Luther, Concerning Christian Liberty
Kenneth C. Haugk, Christian Caregiving: A Way of Life
Ruth N. Koch and Kenneth C. Haugk. Speaking The Truth In Love

Also, this year I added a new category to my reading list: Audiobooks! When I graduated from GCTS I decided to splurge and buy myself an iPod. I have it filled up with all sorts of good stuff from sermons to lectures, audiobooks from the library, and even music!

The list of things I've listened to this year include:

The Complete ESV Audio Bible
Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion
Ernest Hemingway, The Old Man in the Sea
C. S. Lewis, A Grief Observed
David G. McCullough, 1776

Well, there you have it. I find great joy in reading. There is something about me that is excited by learning. I think this year I'll try to go through the New Testament twice since I had so much extra time driving. Either way, I'm sure to enjoy it and grow from it. If we get a chance, I'd love to talk about what I'm reading, too!

May 2013 be filled with lots of other good books!

Comments