Skip to main content

Found Objects: A Competition to Guess the Starbucks Coffee I Want!

I don't often get to do things like this on my blog...but I want to try it now for the first time.
We are going to have a contest! That's right- a contest!

You see, over eight weeks this spring I had opportunity to sample eight bold Starbucks coffees from around the world. Starbucks is going to reward me for taking this journey by giving me a free pound of coffee. Every week I received my coffee bean sticker for purchasing a coffee from the featured bold coffee of the week. Because I imbibed my fair share of bold coffees this Spring, and have the right amount of stickers, I qualify for the free java. So now I have a chance to choose from the eight bold coffees the one of which I would want an entire bag. But before I decide, I want you to take a guess!

Which coffee do you think I'm going to get? Since, I'm getting something free, the winner of this competition will get something free as well! The coffee I will choose is one of the eight I sampled, and there are eight blog posts to reread if you wanted to brush up on my impressions of each coffee. Leave a comment with your guess of which coffee you think I'm going to get, your name, and your location! Over the course of the next two weeks I'll keep my eye on the comments. Those who guess the right coffee will get some prize from me!

Which coffee do you think I'm going to get?

Comments

Alyssa Joy said…
I vote for Sumatra! I'm in Wethersfield. If you need more info that that I'll FB message you.
Mandi said…
OK, this is really hard because I have two guesses!! Bahh! Alright, I'm gonna go with the "Cafe Estima" because after reading all your posts, I feel like this coffee would be best for an every day cup. You said, "It was really yummy and a good way to start off the work day with a jolt of caffine. It was a good day." So I think it must not be too bold, but not just average either.
~Mandi, from CT!
Alyssa Joy said…
I agree with Mandi. I also was torn between two. Sumatra and the Dragon one. I don't know you that well but hopefully I still guessed close. :)
Susan said…
Ok Dan, I am going to vote for the Komodo Dragon Blend of bold coffees! Dragons ARE fierce....like you!
Dave said…
My vote goes to...Cafe Estima. He Brews! Hahaha-very funny Dan.

Popular posts from this blog

Bold Coffee: Gold Coast

Week #7 Gold Coast Blend
This is our biggest, boldest blend – a coffee with "big shoulders".
The source of Gold Coast Blend's bigness is a secret recipe of Latin America, Asia/Pacific and dark roast coffees. Created to celebrate the big city of Chicago, the interplay of these very different coffees weaves a deep and densely rich, sophisticated taste. A style all it's own, this coffee is truly one in a million.
I like knowing Starbucks is human too. By my account, that tag line has a typo at the end-"big shoulders". I may need to review my punctuation rules regarding quotes and punctuation inside or outside the end quote, but for now I am comforted to know that nobody-even Starbucks-is perfect.

Well, with my spring finals coming up, I needed a strong coffee! This one was definitely strong enough to keep me studying. I needed some caffeine to keep my eyes on the prize. But the prize this year was a few papers, two finals, and a bunch of reading. I had this coffe…

Books of 2014

Time to look back and share my books! I continue to love reading and I can feel the passion I have for learning and my love for knowledge expanding with each page I read. Here are the books I've read and listened to throughout 2014. There have been more hospice themed books this year as I continue to grow in my knowledge and understanding of the healthcare spectrum. 

Books of 2014  Evangelism and the Sovereignty of God, J. I. Packer Crazy Love, Francis Chan On Death and Dying, Elizabeth K├╝bler-Ross Final Gifts, Maggie Callahan and Patricia Kelley
The World According to Mr. Rogers, Fred Rogers
The Starbucks Experience, Joseph Michelli
Speaking the Truth in Love, Kenneth C Haugk Caring Criticism, William J. Diehm
Proof of Heaven, Eben Alexander

The use of an iPhone to play audiobooks has made my audiobook section grow substantially from last year!

Audiobooks of 2014  The Omnivore's Dilemma: A Natural History of Four Meals, Michael Pollan
The Giver, Lois Lowry
The Fault in Our Stars, Joh…

Books of 2012

I had a habit during seminary of sharing the books I had been reading. In my heart, I'm not sure if it seems boastful to continue this tradition. I may need to do some work to discern my inner motives. For this time I shall, once again, share with you the books I've read and listened to throughout 2012.


J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows J.K. Rowling, The Tales of Beedle the Bard J.K. Rowling, Quidditch Through The Ages, Kennilworthy Whisp Daniel Keyes, Flowers For Algernon Paul W. Pruyser, The Minister as Diagnostician Jill Bolte Taylor, My Stroke of Insight Manfred Waldemar Kohl, Congregationalism in America Rod Bell, Velvet Elvis Madeleine L'Engle, A Wrinkle In Time (Strangley, the worst book I've read in a long time!) John and Stasi Eldrege, Captivating Stewart Wolff, Father Stories Martin Luther, Concerning Christian Liberty Kenneth C. Haugk, Christian Caregiving: A Way of Life
Ruth N. Koch and Kenneth C. Haugk. Speaking The Truth In Love
Also, this…