Found Objects: Mini Cooper


As some of you may be aware, I've been working at Trader Joe's for almost two years now. It's been such a great experience so far and I've appreciated everyone I have worked with. The company is so good to us in many ways. One such way is that they purchased a Mini Cooper with a Trader Joe's logo on the side of it that they use to advertise at fairs and events. While not in use for those business-type events, they let the employees of the highest grossing store in the region use the car. It's a pretty sweet thing. I have heard it can be reserved for weekends, and all share the use.

Well, we aren't the highest grossing store in the region, but our manager, Erik, spoke with the managers in the Cambridge store, and they agreed to let our store have a month with the car. Since there are so many employees, we had to split the days and have a lottery to see who would get to use the car. I was one of the 15 employees who got to use the car over the month of March. It was really cool to drive around campus and feel like such a big shot in the Trader Joe's Mini Cooper!

However during the two days I had the car, there was a lot of rain. So much rain that as I was driving to Starbucks to do some reading for class, a mini van hit the Mini Cooper. I was rear-ended at an intersection at the bottom of a hill.  The van just couldn't stop in time, and it hit me at about 20 mph. I'm fine, but the car is a little banged up. I'm glad no one was in the back seat, as the car is so small that they may have been seriously hurt.

Anyway, all is well with Trader Joe's. My insurance will handle this accident and Trader Joe's said they would cover the rest because I was so clearly not at fault. Ahh, life goes on and I'm thankful for my safety.

Comments

Mandi said…
oh my gosh, how did i not know about this? DID i know about this?