Found Objects: Guitar Pick


I love playing guitar. But I am convinced that my love of learning has carried me farther in my guitar 'career' than my musical ability. My love for learning far exceeds both my musical talents and rhythm. In fact, I would say I am lacking musical intuitions.


Shortly after I became a Christian I decided to begin playing guitar. My intention was to lead music for our Campus Crusade group, Revival. Though I can't be certain, somewhere deep within me there was probably a desire to be a rock star. It all began back in the day...I was one of two or three third graders learning the upright bass. But it soon became too much trouble to continue. I do wish I had kept at it.

So when we were beach combing a few weeks back and I came across this broken, multicolored guitar pick, my mind was flooded with fond musical thoughts. Though I haven't played in a long time, when I do, I enjoy myself. I usually find my finger calluses too thin, my voice too weak (and pitchy), and my rhythms tend to drift back to the same mellow 'worship tempo.'

Nonetheless, I still love playing guitar. Whether it be an individual or corporate vehicle for personal praise or just an exciting hobby, I still love it.

Comments

I love found things. And, I think you have a knack for finding great found things! This humble little guitar pick inspired a fabulous post!