Swords

For the groomsmen at our wedding I gave them swords. I removed the pommel of each sword and had it engraved with their initials. I had to hand polish the brass on the swords to remove tarnish. It was quite laborious. But the endeavor was a labor of love as I found time to appreciate every guy in our bridal party.

"Why a sword?" you may ask. Well, swords represent many things to me. If you have ever read Wild at Heart you may already understand much of what I have to say.

Swords remind me of nobility.

A cause on behalf of a King. Remembering I am a son of the Most High King.

Swords remind me of battle.
A team of men fighting with common vision and direction for a common purpose.

Swords remind me of a princess.

A beauty to fight for.

"The LORD is a warrior; Yahweh is His name." Exodus 15:3 (HCSB)

"Who is this King of glory? The LORD, strong and mighty, the LORD, mighty in battle."

Psalm 24:8 (HCSB)

As I have sought to clarify the battles in my life, I have found new strength to act as the person God created me to be. My ability to sense what God is doing in me has grown. I have sensed a new type of communication between my heart and the Divine is evolving.

Something in my heart is calls out for battle. A fight. Victory.

Comments

I love how you described the process of polishing the swords as being a labor of love. What a special and meaningful thing!

Oh, and you will always be a knight to me.